Configuring Genesys Cloud Handover Settings
For Endpoints that support
Handover, Genesys Cloud can be chosen as the selected
Handover Provider. When this is selected, all handover requests will be routed to Genesys Cloud and be processed by a human agent.
In order to configure the Genesys Cloud Handover settings, Genesys Cloud first has to be chosen as the selected
Handover Providerfor the Endpoint in the
Handover Settingstab. This will cause the following settings that have to be configured appear:
The Host is the URL Genesys Cloud customers use to log in to the environment. It depends on the geographic region. For example, mypurecloud.de (for German Genesys Cloud region).
See the available regions for Genesys Cloud here: AWS regions for Genesys Cloud deployment
The Organization ID identifies your Genesys Cloud instance.
To view your Organization ID, follow these steps:
Admin -> Account Settings -> Organization Settings -> Organization Details-> Advanced
Genesys Cloud displays your Organization ID.
See more here: Genesys Cloud: How do I find my organization ID?
The Deployment ID is the Deployment Key as defined in the Genesys Webchat Widget settings.
Admin -> Contact Center -> Widgets
Select a Widget. Or Create a New Widget.
The Deployment Key will be displayed.
Note: A Version 2 Widget is necessary to work with the Cognigy Chat Handover integration.
See more here: Genesys Cloud: Create a widget for web chat
Admin -> Contact Center -> Queues
Select an existing Queue or create a new Queue.
The Queue Name is the name of the queue as defined in this form. E.g.“Cognigy HQ Queue”
The Queue ID is visible in the URL of the page, e.g.
See more here: Genesys Cloud: Create and configure queues
Session Duration (in minutes)
The Session Duration is the time until idle handover sessions expire (in minutes).
The default value for Session Duration is 20 minutes.
Send Profile Information
The Send Profile Information toggle will send user information (such as first and last name) to the agent, if enabled.
Authentication used by nodes calling the Genesys Cloud APIs, for example: Agent Availability.
Select an existing OAuth2 connection to Genesys Cloud:
Or create a new one:
- OAuth URL: https://login.mypurecloud.de/oauth/token (or .com.au or .com or similar, depending on location)
- ClientID: <as set up in Genesys Cloud environment – see below>
- Client Secret: <as set up above in Genesys Cloud environment – see below>
- Scope: read (can probably be anything, not used by Genesys Cloud)
Setting up OAuth Access in Genesys Cloud
Caution: As you are granting (limited) access to your Genesys Cloud environment – please ensure you understand the security implications of your changes and chosen permissions.
Admin -> People & Permissions -> Role/Permissions -> Create a new Role
- Name your Role, for example: "Query Queue Status"
- In the Permissions Tab assign permissions, for example: routing:queue:view, routing:queue:readonly
This example will anyone who is assigned to this role to query the queue status.
Admin -> People & Permissions -> Role/Permissions -> See list of all roles
- Find "Query Queue Status" and click the ellipses (3 vertical dots) symbol to the right and choose Change Membership
- Add yourself to this Role, including "Division" of the queue (if divisions are used in yourGenesys Cloud setup, otherwise most likely Home)
Note: This step is necessary to be able to assign that new Role to someone else afterwards!
Admin -> OAuth
- Create a new OAuth client.
- Select "Client Credentials" client
- On the Roles tab, add the "Query queue status" role. (That will only work if you have performed the steps above.)
- You will get a Client ID and a Client Secret. These can be used to retrieve an OAuth (bearer) token, e.g. in a Cognigy OAuth2 connection
For further details about Genesys Cloud OAuth access, see:
- Genesys Cloud: Fine-Grained Access Control
- Genesys Cloud: Add roles
- Genesys Cloud: Custom permissions
- Genesys Cloud: Divisions overview
- Genesys Cloud: Create an OAuth client
- Genesys Cloud: Developer Tools (Use while being logged in to Genesys Cloud in your browser)